October 26, 2012

the naked face


this time of year, i always find myself having a little make-up crisis. the change of seasons, the changes of clothes, and of course, the final fade of any sun-kissedness you might have been working with. i always want to do something drastic with my hair or I start thinking ALL colors clash with my skin. it's just a weird time, yall, and you have to weather the storm.
what I've come to find out, through many an autumn experiment gone wrong, is that the no-make-up, make-up is always a good answer. i can appreciate trends for sure, but my forever love is the classic, the simple, the chic. i am not a crazy lip color girl, i'm not an ombre girl, and i kind of think if you have enough time on your hands to do facial contouring, it might be time to go volunteer somewhere. or read a book. or fake a marriage for television ratings. wait, what?

i love when other people share their go-to products, so i wanted to join that conversation. i sang the praises of my BB cream last spring, but that color is a little dark for me in this season, so i'm back to my old stand-bys. here is dream team for a natural but put-together look:
from left: Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara // Essie "Adore-a-Ball" the perfect pink that's more than sheer but less than full color // Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (more than tinted moisturizer, less than foundation) // Bobbi Brown corrector in light bisque (this is my actual desert island product) // an eyelash curler // Tarte Mineral Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess // a 1.5 inch barrel ceramic curling iron

faces above can be seen in all their beautiful, up-close glory here

No comments:

Post a Comment